Personal Injury

How long do I have to pursue my car accident injury claim?

Chandler | Conway

Chandler | Conway

Wednesday July 27, 2011

Typically, in Nebraska you have four years from the time of your accident to pursue your injury claim.  This time period can be significantly less, however, if the person who caused the accident is some type of government employee and was on duty at the time of the accident.  For example, if your car accident was caused by a negligent police officer you have one year to properly put the city on notice of your claim and two years to file your lawsuit.  There are certain requirements that must be met to preserve your car accident injury claim, so if you have been in an accident it is always better to consult with a lawyer in your city sooner versus later.

Related Articles