Personal Injury

What happens if I am injured in a car accident by an unlicensed driver?

This question is very similar to another question injury attorneys often get which is – What happens if I am in a car accident and the other driver has a suspended license?  The long and short of it is that the license status of the individual who causes the accident makes no difference as long as the vehicle he or she was driving was insured and not stolen.  As long as the person is not driving a stolen vehicle, the auto insurance policy covering the vehicle involved in the accident will provide coverage to the extent of the policy.  Should the situation arise where there is no insurance coverage available for the driver who caused your injuries, there are additional options such as uninsured motorist coverage.  The lawyer representing you in your personal injury claim should be able to recognize and explain all of the potential insurance coverage available in your case.

Chandler | Conway

Related Articles